Meaty artichoke hearts and baby bella mushrooms are the focus of this fresh and savory dish!
What can I say about this meal other than just how delicious it is? Well, I can tell you that I first developed this dish about a year ago. At the time I was trying to come up with a vegan paella dish (something I’d still like to do), but it quickly evolved into a catch-all for fresh ingredients from our garden! The end result was a dish that is simultaneously hearty and light! Since then I have remade and refined the recipe so that it can be enjoyed year-round (and not just when our garden has runneth-over) and that is the version that I share with you today! Enjoy!
Artichoke Hearts Veggie Blend with Yellow Rice
- 1 box yellow rice
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- 2-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb sliced baby bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 package yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 14.5 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 c. parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp salt-free seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Prepare rice according to the package instructions.
2. Place onions in a large skillet or wok and cook over medium/high heat for 2-3 minutes (adding water or vegetable broth one tbsp at a time to prevent sticking). Stir in carrots and garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add in peppers, mushrooms, lemon juice, and seasonings. Stir and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium/low and Stir in tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and parsley. Cook for another 5-8 minutes (or until all ingredients are warmed through)stirring often.
3. Serve mixture with yellow rice.