Are you in search of a party-pleasing dish that you can take to any potluck, holiday, or other event that will have everyone showering you with compliments at your simple brilliance? Well this is it!
This is Chris’s very simple recipe but it is also a labor of love because all of the vegetables need to be very finely chopped for optimal taste-bud excitement– and it is optimal!
Don't Dare Call it Salsa!
- 2 28 oz cans of petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 14.5 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 14.5 oz can white corn, drained
- 1 large red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1/2- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 15 fl oz fat free Italian dressing
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- corn tortilla chips (optional)
- romaine lettuce leaves (optional)
1. Finely chop onion, peppers, and cilantro. Place in an extra-large plastic container with lid.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Stir.
3. Eat it fresh or allow to sit for 4-6 hours for best flavor.
5. Serve with corn tortilla chips or with romaine lettuce to make lettuce wraps.