A refreshing salad made with cucumber, carrots, sweet white onion, fresh dill, and a little vinegar.
Recently, I’ve become fascinated with raw vegan recipes. While I don’t think that a completely raw diet is right for me, I have been adding a lot more raw fruits and vegetables to my repertoire. Summer is the perfect time to experiment with eating and preparing more raw foods! Local fruits and vegetables are readily available and the raw-requirement of not baking, sauteing, or otherwise heating up the kitchen is mightily appealing! I made this salad to be either a mid-day snack or to sit on top of a green salad at lunch, but it would also be a great side dish for a grilled portabella burger (coming soon) or vegan tacos using my spiced sweet potatoes and cauliflower! Enjoy!
Cucumber and Dill Salad
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1 small sweet white onion
- 1/4 c. fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
1. Peel the carrot.
2. Spiralize the carrot and cucumber and place in a bowl (You may want to cut the cucumber pieces a little bit if they are too long to be easily tossed or eaten).
3. Peel the dill off of the stem and chop. Add to the bowl.
4. Slice the onion and add to the bowl.
5. Pour vinegar over the salad and toss.