Tis the season for pasta salad, sunny sunny sun sun sun sun summer! Summer is in full swing and that means cook outs, picnics, and beach days! What fan-favorite dish do you need to make all of those summer-time get-togethers complete? Chris’s veganized version of her mom’s pasta salad!
This is a veganized and de-glutenized (spell check is loving me right now!) version of the pasta salad Chris grew up eating. In addition she up, up, upped the vegetable to pasta ratio. As Hippocrates once said, “Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food.” Translation: eat as much fresh, colorful, organic produce as you (and your budget) can handle! Bring this salad along to your next summer-time potluck and pat yourself on the back for providing a delicious and healthy treat for all of your friends and family! Enjoy!
Mrs. Robbins Pasta Salad
- 1 box quinoa rotini pasta
- 1 large sweet white onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 c sweet cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 c sliced olives
- 8 pepperocinis
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c fat free Italian dressing
1. Cook the pasta according to the box’s instructions, then rinse with cold water and place in a large bowl.
2. Finely chop the onion and bell peppers, and celery and add to the bowl.
3. Prepare the tomatoes by cutting each one into 4 pieces and add to the bowl.
4. Juice the lemon and add it, the vinegar, and seasonings to the bowl. Stir.
6. Seed and slice pepperocinis.
7. Drizzle Italian dressing onto individual servings and top with with pepperocinis and olives.