My Chris loves corn! Which is convenient because I make a lot of corny jokes! (Case in point) In the past, I never really thought about corn, but in central Pennsylvania, they take their summer sweet corn seriously! Alliteration aside, I’ve been incorporating more corn into my cooking and I have to admit that I have grown quite fond of the golden morsels myself–especially in this salad!
Since Chris knows corn, I’ll let you know that this recipe is 100% Chris approved. Her exact feedback was, “Perfect,” so I feel confident in telling all of you that it is a top-notch corn salad that you can proudly bring to a summer cook-out or enjoy some on top of some sweet potato nachos! Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 c sweet white corn, frozen
- 1 1/2 c fire roasted corn, frozen
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 c cilantro leaves, lightly packed
- 1 large red onion
- 1-3 jalapenos
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp jalapeno salt
1. Place the corn in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave for 3 minutes on half power. Stir and microwave for another 2-3 minutes on half power or until corn is no longer frozen.
2. Seed and finely chop your chosen number of jalapenos. Add to the bowl. Finely chop red onion and red bell pepper, and cilantro. Add to the bowl.
3. Juice the lime and add it to the corn mixture along with seasonings. Stir to mix thoroughly. Serve cold.