Not only are these brownies vegan and gluten free, but they are actually a healthy snack! I’ll just let that sink in for a minute…
Ok, back with me? Great! These brownies have ZERO refined sugar, ZERO flour, ZERO added oil, and ZERO guilt! They are made up of chickpeas, dates, and cocoa powder with a little vanilla, baking powder, aquafaba (the liquid that canned chickpeas come in), and a pinch of salt. Yeah– that’s it! Another bonus? They take about 5 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to bake so in just half an hour you can make delicious, chewy, and healthy brownies!
Personally, I enjoy these most after they’ve sat in the refrigerator for a bit as a mid-morning or post-workout snack! Enjoy!
Healthy Brownie Bites
- 1 14.5 oz can chickpeas (don’t drain!)
- 3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 9-12 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Drain off liquid of the chickpeas into a bowl. Measure out 1/2 c and discard the rest. Whip the liquid with a fork until it is foamy.
3. Add the whipped liquid and remaining ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Make balls of dough mixture and place in tin, then use a soup spoon to gently tap down the centers so they are almost flat on top. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove brownie bites from the tin by tilting it to a 45 degree angle and gently tapping the bottom of the tin. If any brownies stick, use a large soup spoon to gently scoop them out. Allow to cool before eating.