Tabouleh is a refreshing and delicious Middle Eastern salad! It is traditionally made with bulgur wheat, so I substituted in good ol’ quinoa to make it gluten-free and it turned out great!
This is one of my favorite salads! Serve it alone or along side some humus for a delicious appetizer or side dish! Enjoy!
- 1/2 c quinoa
- 1 c water
- 4 1/2 c parsley, lightly packed
- 2 1/2 c sweet cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- juice of 1 lemon (3-4 tbsp)
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
1. Place quinoa and water in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until quinoa has absorbed all of the water (about 10-15 minutes). Allow to sit for five minutes and then fluff with a fork.
2. Chop the parsley, tomatoes, and cucumber.
3. Combine all ingredients in a plastic or glass container with a lid. Stir to combine. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours (overnight is better) so flavors can fully combine before serving.