Chris and I LOVE Middle Eastern food and one of our absolute favorites is falafels! I have been perfecting this recipe for no-oil added, baked falafels for quite a while and I finally created my perfect falafel! I hope you enjoy them too!
These are especially good served with quinoa tabouleh and humus!
- 2 14.5 oz cans chickpeas
- 1 bunch of parsley (about 1 c, lightly packed)
- 4 large leaves of kale (about 2 c, chopped and lightly packed)
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 c fresh lemon juice
- 1-4 tbsp aquafaba (the liquid chickpeas are stored in)
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Whip the aquafaba with a fork until foamy and set aside.
3. Place remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes. Add whipped aquafaba as necessary to get a smooth consistency.
4. Form small patties (1 1/2-2 inches in diameter) and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-13 minutes. Flip patties and continue baking until golden on both sides (about another 10-15 minutes).
5. Serve warm.