Easy, breezy, beautiful… Casserole!
I am in love with this casserole! It’s easy to make, it combines a heap of colorful, nurturing, whole foods, AND it is lick-the-bowl yummy! I like this for dinner, and I love it as leftovers, particularly re-heated and served over lettuce for a delicious mid-day salad… Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go warm up some leftovers! Enjoy!
Chili Quinoa Casserole
- 6-7 c vegan chili
- 1 c quinoa (tricolor preferred)
- 1 c vegetable broth
- 1 c water
- 16 oz butternut squash (frozen, diced)
- 16 oz broccoli florettes (frozen, chopped)
- 1/2 c chopped green onion OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
- hot sauce
- *served over spring mix lettuce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place quinoa, vegetable broth, and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed (10-15 min)
3. On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread broccoli and butternut squash in an even layer.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping half-way through.
5. Once quinoa and vegetables are finished cooking, combine them with the chili in a large baking dish (lined with parchment paper, if needed).
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Serve warm and top as desired.