So creamy, so decadent, so healthy! This soup is comfort in a bowl!
I love roasted red pepper soup, but unfortunately, many traditional recipes contain dairy so I set about devising a recipe that was udderly plant based! (Why yes, I am a fan of lame puns, why do you ask?)
Another great thing about this recipe is that it is filled with whole foods and is another accidentally paleo, soy-free, and gluten free recipe so it is suited for almost any eating style/preference. It is basically a big bowl of love, bringing people together one spoonful at a time!
Roasted Red Pepper Soup
- 6 small red bell peppers, fire roasted
- 1/4 c raw cashews
- 1 small sweet white onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 12 oz bags frozen cauliflower (steam-in bag)
- 2 c vegetable broth
- 1/2 c almond milk (plain, unsweetened)
- 14.5 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast (optional, but recommended)
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning (or seasoned salt)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt OPTIONAL SERVING SUGGESTION
- sour dough bread bowl
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Farhenheit. Place cashews on a baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes to toast. They are ready when they have a fragrant toasted smell. Set aside.
2. Cook onion and garlic in a non-stick pot over medium/low heat for 10 minutes, stirring often and adding vegetable broth 1 tbsp at a time to prevent sticking.
3. Steam cauliflower according to package instructions, one at a time.
4. Place all ingredients (excpet optional bread bowl) in a high speed blender. (I used my Nutribullet and had to break it up into two batches. However you can get it to fit.) Blend until smooth.
5. Pour blended soup into the pot and warm over medium/low heat.
6. Serve warm.